Total Pageviews

Saturday 2 January 2016

Frohliches Neues Jahr!

Happy (belated) New Year!


To celebrate the changing of the year, I only went and finished (apart from that flag...!) those last eight chaps in the Liebgarde, didn't I?



So now I'm in a dilemma - do I get another company of Liebgarde to finish the regiment, or do I work on the principle of "a change is as good as a rest" and get myself a company of grenadiers?

I'm rather tempted by the idea of having the regiment completed; a couple of packs of Crusader Miniatures musketeers and a Wargames Foundry command pack will do it nicely (although I will need to source a colonel on horseback eventually - probably be a Foundry job).

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions...!

7 comments:

  1. As one who rarely finishes projects/units I say finish wjat you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that, having a couple of unfinished units myself which are quite a drag: Once you've moved on from a unit, it gets even harder to go back to it.

    Oh and it's Leibgarde, E-I, unless you deliberately want them as the "love guard"...

    Happy New Year - may it bring you many hours of enjoying your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Leibgarde. Yes. Ah, it's, er, obviously a, um, Molgravian dialect of German. Clearly. Yes.

      And I think I am convinced - the last company it is!

      Delete
  3. Dear comrade worker,
    The sensible advice would be to finish off the leibgarde, although the idea of the liebgarde sound full of interesting possibilities. On the other hand a little of what you fancy...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you say, it is the most sensible path to take - so I'm going to finish the Leibgarde!

    ReplyDelete